2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
The Svartpilen 401 makes no excuses about its rugged appeal. It is by definition a motorcycle at home on the fringes of a metropolitan playground, where the blacktop is less than perfect. Making use of its lightweight and punchy engine to navigate side streets, it is a master of all it surveys. The dark colours and graphics enhance the stunning appearance, and reflect the progressive mix of modern thinking and classic design following the brand's Swedish heritage.
- EXTERIOR: Reduced to an authentic mix of classic thinking and modern design. This Svartpilen 401 is synonymous with the Swedish heritage of Husqvarna Motorcycles. The lightweight and narrow bodywork is shaped into the Svartpilen 401's design and intelligently allows for seamless movement while riding. Its dark color, rugged tyres and protective parts give the motorcycle a rigorous look to match its urban exploration intentions.
- WHEELS: The 17" wheels are a design highlight of the Svartpilen 401. The wheels offer a unique sense of style and are also very robust, offering premium reliability on unpredictable and challenging urban terrain.
- CONTROLZONE AND TRIPLE CLAMP: Offroad style handlebars and risers attach to stylishly forged aluminum triple clamps, central to the control zone of the Svartpilen 401. In keeping with the minimalistic look of the authentic design, the control zone is not obstructed by any fairings and simply features a digital display unit with the necessary information.
- LIGHTS: The front and rear lights are distinct elements on the Svartpilen 401 and use the latest LED technology, the lights are more than just designer pieces and offer advanced lighting performance and visibility in urban environments.
- SEAT: The seat of the Svartpilen 401 uses high-quality foam and leather fabric, which, despite its reduced appearance, remains comfortable for the rider. Extending from the main bodywork and seamlessly floating above the rear wheel, the seat adds to the timeless design and unique riding experience the Svartpilen 401 provides.
- TANK AND FILLER CAP: The aluminum filler cap proudly displays the Husqvarna Motorcycles logo, like a stamp of premium quality, standing humble but bold on the fuel tank. The tank of the Svartpilen 401 features a standard luggage rack which allows for the mounting of light luggage for added rider convenience and contributes to the rugged look of the urban explorer.
- ENGINE AND GEARBOX: The Svartpilen 401 is powered by a modern 373cc single-cylinder engine that is remarkably compact. With 37Nm of torque from low down in the RPM range and a 6-speed gearbox, it is perfect for urban riding. The electronic fuel injection is operated by a ride-by-wire system and delivers a controlled and refined power. With a peak horsepower of 32 kW (44 hp), the SVARTPILEN is accessible to a wide variety of riders, while its lightweight construction means the power-to-weight ratio will also excite more experienced riders. For added convenience, the gearbox is linked to an easy shift sensor which allows the rider to make seamless up and down shifts without the use of the clutch. The sensor works by relaying the moment the rider actuates the gear lever to the ECU which in turn matches engine parameters to allow a simple gear change at any RPM or engine load.
- FRAME: The trellis frame is central to the Svartpilen 401 character and agility. Made from high strength chromium molybdenum steel using hydro formed tubes and robot welding, the frame is not only strong but also lightweight ensuring nimble handling and detailed feedback to the rider. Designed with specific flex characteristics, the frame works in harmony with the WP suspension to offer a comfortable and confident feel combined with a tight turning circle for ease of use in urban environments. The optimized subframe is extended by 40 mm for improved comfort when accompanied by a pillion rider.
- BRAKES: The Svartpilen 401 is fitted with hydraulic ByBre brake calipers, which are manufactured to the highest standards, and in combination with 320mm front and 230mm rear perforated steel discs, deliver controllable and confident braking performance. Additionally, the Svartpilen 401 uses a state-of-the-art Bosch ABS system, ensuring the highest level of safety in varying braking conditions.
- SUSPENSION: The WP suspension on the Svartpilen 401 is made to exacting standards, ensuring the highest level of quality and craftsmanship. The front suspension features 43 mm open cartridge forks, while the rear features a progressive damping system connected directly to the swingarm. The high-quality components offer dynamic handling ideal for busy urban environments.