2024 KTM XC 125
HERE COMES THE 'BRAAAP!'
Nothing beats the top end scream of a 125 cc 2-stroke machine being ridden to the limit - and the 2024 KTM 125 XC is happy to oblige. Not only has the smallest caliber bullet in the XC range been given a fuel-injected revival, but the entire motorcycle also benefits from class-leading developments at every end. A closed cartridge fork, cross country specific suspension settings, along with big torque, smart tech and most importantly, bucket-loads of 'Braaaap!' make the KTM 125 XC is the leader in 2-Stroke cross country innovation for the modern era.
BEFORE THE FLAG
- CLICK INTO ACTION - EASY SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT: The 2024 KTM XC and XC-F range boasts totally tool-free suspension setup at both ends. Thanks to an all-new WP XACT Close Cartridge spring fork and revised shock absorber, dialing in your cross-country machine is as easy as twisting the throttle. On the rear, a hand-adjustable dual compression control allows riders to adjust high- and low-speed settings in a matter of seconds. On the front end, the forks are also easily adjusted thanks to hand adjustable clickers on the bottom of the fork shoe and fork top cap.
- BREATHE EASY - AIRBOX: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation ensuring maximum airflow and maximum filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for secure and accurate filter installation.
- LESS FOCUS ON THE TOOL, MORE FOCUS ON THE TRACK - SERVICEABILITY: The 2024 KTM XC and XC-F range is engineered and designed to provide riders with easy-to-access service parts, as well as suspension adjustability. This allows faster track-side and off-season maintenance, as well as making Cross Country more accessible for novice riders without pit crews.
CALM UNDER FIRE
- CORNER ON RAIL - ABSOLUTE CONTROL: No matter how gnarly the trail is, you'll stay in control thanks to a rider-focused frame design that has not only been engineered for longitudinal rigidity, but also repositions rotating mass closer to the center of gravity. Thick frame walls also improve reliability, flex characteristics and offer unmatched rider feel. The shock mounting also provides the perfect amount of anti-squat for better traction out of corners, while the foot peg mounting is positioned in such a way to reduce the risk of hooking up on roots or rocks. Additionally, forged brackets on the lower frame rails allow for easy removal and installation of the standard skid plate.
- ERGONOMICS: The 2024 KTM XC and XC-F range features a specially-developed rider triangle, providing unmatched knee contact and gripping surfaces - especially when standing on the pegs. While the plastics work to expel mud build up in wet, muddy conditions, the flat seat profile and high-grip orange seat cover providing exceptional rider movement and control. A handy grip pocket under the seat, just above the air box, makes gripping the bike and lifting it much easier.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE - GO THE DISTANCE: A 2.37 gallon polythene fuel tank incorporates a threaded filler cap and an integrated fuel pump. The fuel pump features an external fuel line which is specifically positioned to make it less exposed and susceptible to damage, while ensuring a steady, uninterrupted flow of fuel.
HIT THE BIG STUFF
- HARNESSING GRAVITY - MASS CENTRALIZATION: Ready to rip your arms out of the sockets? Together with the benefits of mass centralization and the anti-squat behavior of the chassis, the 2024 KTM 125 XC gets its power down perfectly when tearing out of corners.
- UNFLAPPABLE FRONT END - WP XACT FORK: An all-new WP XACT Close Cartridge spring fork finds its way into the KTM XC and XC-F line-up for 2024. A new mid-valve piston concept optimizes the oil flow within the cartridge, providing fast and consistent damping characteristics. This also avoids unwanted foaming of oil which can lead to the unwanted changes in damping characteristics and less consistent damping behavior. The fork is also fully adjustable in rebound and compression, thanks to hand adjustable clickers on the bottom of the fork shoe and fork top cap.
- ALL-OUT TRACTION - WP XACT SHOCK: Receiving an all-new design in 2023, the rear shock features less overall length and less weight compared to the previous generation but retains its 300 mm travel. A CFD-optimized main piston improves initial comfort, while finding the ideal settings is taken care of by a hand-adjustable dual compression control that allows for high- and low-speed adjustments. For 2024, updated suspension settings mean riders benefit form improved balance, comfort, and cornering agility.
- UNOBTRUSIVE IMPACT - ULTIMATE RIGIDITY: A hollow, die-cast aluminum swingarm is designed to offer optimal stiffness and reliability at the lowest possible weight. A 22 mm rear axle is also fitted to match the flex characteristics of the chassis. This, along with the chain guard and chain gliders result in improved durability and less chance of hooking on boots or external objects out on the trail, as well as reducing dirt build up around the swingarm and chain guard.
- NOTHING TO HOLD YOU BACK - GROUND CLEARANCE: CFD designed footrests offer a bigger contact area for better control of the bike while standing on the pegs, but also makes them less susceptible to hooking up on deep trail ruts, logs and rocks . This was achieved by a narrow frame mounting design, which also helps reduce overall weight.
- FLAT OUT TO THE FINISH - CONSISTENCY: A 54 mm bore, highly innovative electronic exhaust port management, and a machined finish for accurate port timing means the cylinder on the KTM 125 XC does more than just house the piston. It results in much-improved ride ability, engine control, and more adjustability of the engine characteristics, thanks to 2 selectable and distinguished engine maps. Also, it's auto-calibrating, meaning there's no more hassle with wrong power valve adjustments.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE - MORE USABLE POWER: Designed to churn out more torque than any 125 cc 2-Stroke on the market, the 2024 KTM 125 XC is set to continue its dominance in its class with unrelenting forward momentum. With an overall engine weight of only 39.37 lbs and impressive horsepower figures, this lightweight power plant retains its typical high-revving character, while laying down the grunt where it matters most.
- NO CARBS. MORE MUSCLE - FUEL INJECTION: With Electronic Fuel Injection setting the standard, there's no more jetting setup pre-race, and thanks to the Keihin EFI, the ECU coming from Vitesco and reed valve case design, you can be guaranteed of laying down optimal power at any altitude, all of the time.
- TOTAL TRACTION - SELECTABLE MAPS + TC: Once again slicing into the 125 cc class with the leading edge of technology, the 2024 KTM 125 XC features a map select switch as standard, allowing the racer to switch between 2 perceptible engine maps.