2024 Husqvarna TX 300
Receiving multiple technical upgrades for 2023, the TX 300 comfortably retains its place as the leading offroad 300cc 2-stroke on the market today. Housed inside an all-new frame that offers improved handling, a new, compact engine features an electronic exhaust control for enhanced power delivery in every gear. With the internal components positioned to further centralize rotating mass, the engine continues to play a vital role in the outstanding agility that the TX 300 is known for. Expertly assembled with premium and essential offroad components as standard, the versatile machine benefits from exceptional build quality for guaranteed performance and reliability. Movement on the motorcycle is made easier for 2023 thanks to the all-new bodywork, which is finished with a Swedish- inspired color scheme for a truly distinctive look.
- BODYWORK: Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver exceptional comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at their best for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points have been repositioned for 2023 and together with a flatter seat profile, riders can move freely on the motorcycle for total control at all times.
- AIRBOX: Easy access to the TWIN AIR filter is possible without tools, for quicker cleaning and easier maintenance. Precision inlet ducts maximize airflow and offer increased levels of filter protection.
- HYDRAULIC CLUTCH: The high-performance hydraulic clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point, and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time. Countless hours of race-focused testing have proven the high-quality, hydraulic systems' exceptional reliability. *The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from country to country and feature either Braktec or Brembo hydraulic systems.
- HYDRAULIC BRAKES: The highest level of quality is guaranteed with class-leading breaking calipers made from single pieces of aluminum for strength at the lowest possible weight. Together with a 260 mm front and a 220 mm rear disc removing dirt efficiently, superior stopping power and braking confidence is guaranteed in all conditions. *The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from country to country and feature either Braktec or Brembo hydraulic systems.
- PROTAPER HANDLEBAR: Developed between Husqvarna Motorcycles and leading handlebar manufacturer, ProTaper, the exclusive bend offers superior comfort, class-leading strength, and fatigue resistance at the lowest possible weight. Fitted to the handlebar as standard are our open handguards for added protection in the demanding off-road environments.
- ODI GRIPS: ODI lock-on grips feature an innovative integrated throttle mechanism and a glue-free installation. The throttle assembly offers easy free-play adjustment with the option to fit alternative cams for a personalized throttle action.
- FOOTRESTS: All-new, CFD-designed footrests offer a 26.8% larger contact area to ensure better control of the machine while being less susceptible to hooking on deep ruts, take-offs when scrubbing, or trackside barriers. This was achieved by a new, narrower mounting design in the frame layout, which also helps reduce overall weight.
FASTER AND WISER
- ENGINE: The TX 300 engine is at the pinnacle of 2-stroke performance and weighs just 52.6 lbs (23.9 kg). Expertly assembled with the latest technical innovations, the TX 300 features electronic fuel injection (EFI) and an electronic exhaust control for lower running costs and improved reliability. Configured with no separate oil tank to reduce weight, pre-mixed fuel is required, which is identical to the motocross models. A proven e-start adds to the simplicity of this popular model and guarantees fast starting in all conditions.
- CYLINDER: The cylinder features a 72 mm bore and an electronic exhaust control system. This highly innovative technology manages the opening of the lateral exhaust ports before the main exhaust ports open to deliver strong, controllable power. The upper contour of the exhaust port features a machined finish for improved port timing and unrivalled performance.
- CRANKCASE: High-pressure die cast production processes allow for the crankcases to be manufactured with a thinner wall thickness to keep the overall weight to a minimum and to position the shaft arrangements in the perfect position for optimized mass centralization. This clever design aids the overall balance and agility of the TX 300 while redesigned, symmetrical engine mounts further improve flex characteristics.
- CRANKSHAFT: Designed with weight reduction and performance in mind, the crankshaft in the TX 300 engine improves throttle response and contributes to the lightweight feel of the motorcycle. The perfect balance of rotating masses is achieved by balancing the weights of the crankshaft flywheel, and the new rotor, and thanks to the innovative counter balancer shaft, engine vibration is kept to an absolute minimum.
- COUNTER BALANCER SHAFT: The TX 300 features an innovative laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. This shaft significantly reduces engine vibration, resulting in a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- DDS CLUTCH: The TX 300 features a DDS (Dampened Diaphragm Steel) clutch, which includes a single-diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC-machined steel component, which has been revised to accommodate the new gearbox, and continues to allow the use of thin steel liners that contribute to the compact design of the engine.
- GEARBOX: The 6-speed gearbox is manufactured exclusively by Pankl Racing Systems and ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. For 2023, a redesigned shift drum and shift fork improve overall leverage, which ensures significantly smoother and more precise shifting. A revised gear lever tip design prevents dirt build-up.
MASTER YOUR ART
- WHEELS AND TYRES: CNC-machined hubs and high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are finished in striking black. They feature laser engraved logos and are fitted with a DUNLOP GEOMAX MX33 tyre on the front and DUNLOP GEOMAX AT81 tyre on the rear which ensure progressive cornering and superior traction on a variety of terrain.
- COOLING SYSTEM: Manufactured from high-strength aluminum, the radiators are designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to channel air in the most effective way. A large center tube channels coolant through the frame to reduce pressure at this point in the system for a more consistent flow while a new internal thermostat further enhances reliability.
- FUEL TANK: The 2.24 gal (8.5 litre) fuel tank integrates neatly with the ergonomic bodywork. Due to the fuel pump design and position, the tank is emptied further for increased running times. For improved safety, the external fuel line is specifically routed to make it less exposed and susceptible to damage.
- EXHAUST SYSTEM: Tailored specifically to the TX 300 engine using an innovative 3D design process, the header pipe ensures maximum power across the rev range. The muffler features an aluminum mounting bracket for strength at the lowest possible weight, with an advanced internal construction ensuring excellent noise damping without sacrificing performance.
- FRAME: The proven chromium molybdenum steel frame is refined for 2023 to reposition rotational masses inside the engine which together with a new shock mounting position, significantly improves anti-squat behavior of the chassis. With optimized wall thickness in high-stress areas improving reliability, the frame continues to offer advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption, and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium metallic blue powder coating with redesigned standard frame protectors offering superior protection, durability, and grip in any condition. Additionally, the inclusion of forged brackets on the lower frame rails allows for easy installation of the standard skid plate.
- POLYAMIDE-REINFORCED ALUMINUM SUBFRAME: Made from 60% polyamide and 40% aluminum, the two-piece subframe ensures exceptional strength and durability at an overall weight of just 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg). The lower subframe spars and frame mounts are manufactured from cast aluminum for significantly improved reliability. The upper section of the subframe is made from injection-molded polyamide to enable specific flex characteristics and ensure a lightweight construction.
- TRIPLE CLAMPS: Matching the new frame design and suspension set-up, the CNC-machined triple clamps provide precisely calculated geometry for increased stability. Customized handlebar flex can be achieved by the new handlebar clamp which offers two mounting options - rubber-damped for less vibration or fixed for enhanced front-end feedback. The upper triple clamp is stiffer to ensure a smoother fork action and plays a vital role in the perfect alignment of the front wheel for superior handling.
- WP XACT FRONT SUSPENSION: Rigorously tested by WP's research and development department, the new 48 mm WP XACT closed cartridge spring forks provide exceptional comfort and consistency over long rides. This is achieved by the closed cartridge system and by using a mid-valve piston designed to optimize oil flow and prevent foaming for consistent and predictable damping at all times. A hydrostop, active in the final 68 mm of travel, reduces the impact of harsh and high-speed landings for continued straight line stability and forward momentum. Both the compression and rebound settings can be quickly adjusted by hand using the easy access clickers.
- WP XACT REAR SUSPENSION: The all-new WP XACT rear shock is 100 g lighter and 15 mm shorter than its predecessor yet the travel remains unchanged. Inside the shock is a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized main piston for improved initial comfort which provides strong hold-up in all conditions. Different sized holes in the shims allow them to open more easily which reduces the overall stress of the oil flow. Complete with low friction SKF seals and a revised linkage system, consistent damping, comfort, and traction are guaranteed with rebound and both high and low speed compression now adjustable by hand.
- SWINGARM: The new hollow die-cast aluminum swingarm is manufactured from a single piece of aluminum using an improved die-cast production process for optimal stiffness and a 190 g weight reduction over previous versions. In order to optimize and match the flex characteristics from the new frame, a new 22 mm rear axle is fitted. Additionally, the chain guard and chain slider have been completely redesigned for improved durability and are less prone to catching on external objects.
- EFI: The introduction of Electronic Fuel Injection on the TX 300 brings many benefits. The ECU from Vitesco constantly analyses the running condition of the engine and delivers the perfect air/fuel ratio at all times through the state-of-the-art 39 mm Keihin throttle body. The exciting addition of EFI allowed our engineers to develop two different engine maps, which can easily be selected via the handlebar-mounted switch for a personalized riding experience. Additionally, an important reed valve revision improves intake tract sealing and prevents excess fuel build up in the engine on extreme up or downhill sections for clean running at all times.
- E-START: To ensure fast starting in all conditions, the TX 300 features a highly convenient electric start. The reliable system removes the need for a kickstart completely. With the 12.8V 2 Ah Lithium-Ion battery located under the seat and close to the center of gravity, the handling is uncompromised. The engine is easily started and stopped via the same handlebar-mounted switch for improved ease of use.
- MAP SWITCH: By using the Map Select Switch, the engine characteristics can be tailored to modify the power delivery according to rider preference, conditions, and terrain. It has two settings that can be safely toggled between while riding, by simply pressing a button on the handlebar-mounted map switch. Map 1 is the standard option that delivers linear, predictable power, while map 2 is aggressive with improved throttle response and sharper, explosive power output.
- EMS: The new Engine Management System (EMS) is designed to be smaller and lighter while being faster at processing data. It incorporates a new rollover sensor (ROS) which cuts the ignition and shuts off the engine for safety in the event of a severe crash, adding another level of safety to the Husqvarna Motorcycles' new generation line-up.
- HOUR METER: A new hour meter comes with an integrated fuel level indicator, which is visible on the FI status LED, indicating to the rider when the fuel level is becoming low.
- START/STOP SWITCH: The new combined start/stop switch is located on the right side of the handlebar for easy, thumb-operated use. Not only simplifying the starting and stopping of the engine, the removal of a designated stop only button from the handlebar reduces the risk of potential damage or activation in the event of a fall.