2024 Husqvarna TE 150
Powered by an all-new, lighter engine and equipped with Throttle Body Injection (TBI) for the very first time, the TE 150 offers improved torque and is expertly assembled with the latest technical innovations to deliver best-in-class performance. Setting a new standard for 2-stroke engine development, this small capacity model is incredibly versatile and highly capable in the hands of both beginners and seasoned racers alike. New, WP XACT suspension with enduro-specific settings offers advanced damping for enhanced handling and comfort across the roughest terrain. With a distinctive and fresh new look inspired by the Swedish roots of the brand, the TE 150 is the most complete, lightweight 2-stroke enduro machine on the market today.
- WP XPLOR FRONT FORKS: The WP XPLOR 48 front fork is designed specifically for off-road riding. Its open cartridge layout has a spring in each leg with split damping functions. Compression damping is in the left leg and rebound damping is in the right. Adjustment is via easy-to-access clickers (30 clicks) on the top of each fork leg. The standard preload adjusters allow for easier adjustment without the use of tools. The fork's mid-valve piston delivers consistent damping, while the setting allows the fork to operate higher in the stroke for exceptional rider feedback and bottoming resistance.
- WP XACT REAR SHOCK: The all-new WP XACT rear shock is 100 g lighter and 15 mm shorter than its predecessor, yet the travel remains unchanged at 300 mm. With rebound and both high and low speed compression adjustable by hand, setting changes can be achieved quickly and easily without tools. Complete with a CFD optimized shock piston, low friction SKF seals, and a revised linkage system, consistent damping, comfort, and traction is guaranteed.
- HYDRAULIC BRAKES: The highest level of performance is guaranteed with the latest BRAKTEC braking systems which are specifically designed for enduro riding. New calipers, new brake pads, new levers, and new brake lines together with the GSK wave discs (260 mm disc front and 220 mm rear) result in a sensitive and progressive feel ensuring complete control in all conditions.
- HYDRAULIC CLUTCH: The high-quality BRAKTEC clutch system guarantees even wear, reliability, and near maintenance-free operation. In addition, the lever design is updated providing a comfortable feeling in every condition. Play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- WHEELS AND TYRES: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodized aluminum nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Dunlop tires which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain. New for 2023, a Dunlop MX33 is mounted on the front and is paired with a Dunlop AT81 on the rear.
- TRIPLE CLAMPS: The 22 mm offset black-anodized CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps have been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customizable ergonomics.
- FRAME: The proven chromium molybdenum steel frame is refined for MY24. A new shock mounting, which is no longer connected to the main tube, significantly improves the anti-squat behavior of the chassis. With optimized wall thickness in high-stress areas improving reliability, the frame continues to offer advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption, and straight-line stability. The frame is complete with a premium metallic blue powder coating with redesigned standard frame protectors offering improved grip in all conditions. Additionally, the redesigned and robust skid plate offers exceptional frame and engine protection.
- HYBRID SUBFRAME: The carbon composite subframe is unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles and showcases advanced production technology and innovation. Using 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fiber, the 2-piece subframe has a total weight of just over 2.2 lb. With the help of computational dynamics, specific rigidity was engineered into the light and robust subframe, delivering outstanding handling and rider comfort.
- SWINGARM: The new hollow die-cast aluminum swingarm is manufactured from a single piece of aluminum using an improved casting process for optimal stiffness and a 190 g weight reduction. In order to optimize and match the flex characteristics of the new frame, a new 22 mm rear axle is fitted. Additionally, the chain guard and chain slider have been completely redesigned for improved durability with the chain guard made with a rounder profile to prevent catching on external objects.
- BODYWORK: Adorned with clean, Swedish-inspired graphics, the bodywork is refined with the ergonomics allowing riders to perform at their best for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points and surfaces in the rider triangle have been repositioned for MY24 to further improve comfort on the motorcycle. A flatter seat profile offers unrestricted movement with a new, high grip cover ensuring riders stay firmly in place under hard acceleration. Above the side panels, recessed pockets allow for the machine to be lifted and moved, which is particularly beneficial for those competing in extreme enduro events.
- FUELTANK: A new and transparent 8.5 litre fuel tank fits neatly within the ergonomic bodywork. The fuel pump is new and features and integrated filter for improved supply, with the fuel line positioned to be less exposed and susceptible to any potential damage.
- RADIATORS: Manufactured from high-strength aluminum, the radiators are designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to channel air in the most effective way. A large center tube channels coolant through the frame to reduce pressure at this point in the system for a more consistent flow while an internal thermostat further enhances reliability. A new design radiator cap with a bayonet closure ensures a secure fit.
- LED HEADLIGHT: The new LED Headlight provides a brighter light output of approximately 300% for much-improved visibility at night and is particularly effective when riding through dense woodland. A new mounting design sees the LED lighting unit installed into the headlight mask using a quick-release system, which allows it to be replaced quickly and easily if damaged.
- MAP SWITCH: By using the MAP SELECT SWITCH, the engine characteristics can be tailored to modify the power delivery according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. It has two settings which can be toggled on the fly, namely, Map 1, for standard and full power, and Map 2, for softer power and delayed ignition timing for terrain with less traction.
- FOOTREST: Using state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics, the new footrests are slightly larger to improve control. Additionally, the mounting position for the footrests on the new frame brings them inwards, which makes them less susceptible to catching on the ground through deep ruts.
- ELECTRIC START: All TE models come standard with an electric starter. The system uses a compact and lightweight Li-Ion battery, which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery. With several years of experience in developing and perfecting electric starting, the proven reliability of the Husqvarna enduro range is second to none and ensures quick and easy starting at all times. Additionally, the wiring harness and electrical components are safely located below the seat for easy accessibility.
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: The Keihin Engine Management System (EMS) is designed to be small, light, and fast at processing data. It incorporates a rollover sensor (ROS) that cuts the ignition and shuts off the engine in the event of a severe crash for an additional layer of safety.
- ENGINE: The TE 150 has inherited the same fuel-injected technology from the bigger TE 250 and 300. This adds the convenience of a 4-stroke engine by eliminating the need to premix fuel or adjust jetting for altitude. The engine also uses specific shaft arrangements, which are designed to harness the rotating mass of the engine for nimble handling. This, among other developments, makes it a lightweight and compact engine providing usable enduro-specific power while maintaining the low-cost maintenance of a 2-stroke.
- CYLINDER: The TE 150 features a cylinder with a 58 mm bore and an innovative power valve design. This allows the lively 150 cc engine to deliver controllable power throughout the RPM range. The piston is designed to perfectly match the contour of the combustion chamber, delivering the highest level of 2-stroke performance. Additionally, the cylinder features injectors mounted at the inlet positions, which deliver the fuel downwards into the transfer port, guaranteeing excellent fuel atomization. This ensures more efficient fuel combustion, reduced fuel consumption and improved emissions.
- THROTTLE BODY: The TE 150 uses a newly developed 39 mm throttle body with dual injectors positioned to optimize flow for a more immediate throttle response and improved rideability. Idle is controlled by the throttle valve, with one low load injector and one top feed injector ensuring maximum performance. Additionally, a new throttle position sensor (TPS) offers improved cold starting with the throttle valve now pivoting on ball bearings for a smoother throttle action.
- OIL TANK: An electronic oil pump feeds vital 2-stroke oil into the engine. It is located just below the oil tank and feeds the oil via the throttle body, meaning the oil is only mixed with air at this stage. The pump is controlled by the EMS and delivers the optimal amount of oil according to the current RPM and engine load. The oil tank is connected to a filler hose which runs through the upper tube of the frame to a filler cap conveniently located for easy refills. The tank capacity is 0.7 l and is connected to a low-level sensor which illuminates when the tank needs refilling.
- CRANKCASE: Designed for minimal weight, the crankcases on the TE 150 engine feature a thin-wall design. To centralize mass, the shaft arrangements are precisely positioned to harness rotating masses at the ideal center of gravity, while improved sealing is taken care of by the reed block which features optimized carbon fiber reed petals.
- EXHAUST: Tailored specifically for the TE 150 using an innovative 3D design process, the header pipe ensures unrestricted performance and offers improved ground clearance to reduce the risk of impact damage out on the trail. The muffler also features an aluminum mounting bracket and advanced internal construction for excellent noise damping and weight saving.